Explore nearly 800-year-old ancient kingdom, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, lush green rice field and charming culture for you to discover.
Bask in the nature of Sukhothai and UNESCO world heritage, delve deep into the spirit of local communities and culture. Experience slow life, cruise along natural pathways through the rice fields. Get crafty and learn how to cook local food experiences.
DAY 1: BANGKOK - AMPHOE MUEANG SUKHOTHAI, SUKHOTHAI PROVINCE
• Depart from Bangkok to Sukhothai by Bangkok Airways PG - 211
• Start your journey by donning traditional Thai costumes. Be transported to the past at the touch of the local fabrics.
• Observe the majestic ancient ruins and temples by bike or rent an eco-friendly electric car to travel in the Sukhothai Historical Park.
• Pause for a lunch break with the most famous provincial dish, Sukhothai noodles, or get more hands-on and try making them yourself guided by a local friend.
• Learn how to draw traditional patterns on Sangkhalok ceramic ware at Suthep Sangkhalok.
• Relax and sip coffee amid the rice fields cafe
• Admire the sunset at the Sukhothai Historical Park, a World Heritage Site.
• Recharge with delicious dinner
• Arrive back to your hotel (4 stars hotel). Get a good night’s rest in preparation for another full day tomorrow.
DAY 2: AMPHOE MUEANG SUKHOTHAI - AMPHOE KHIRI MAT,
• Make merit by offering food to the monks at Wat Traphang Thong.
• Enjoy breakfast
• Cast your own Buddha amulet with natural materials.
• Sit down for lunch at Jayhae Sukhothai Noodles, one of the top restaurants on any visitor’s Sukhothai bucket list for Phat Thai and Sukhothai noodles.
• Depart for the Ban Namphu community, Amphoe Khiri Mat.
• Visit local organic farm at the community Enterprise Group at Tambon Ban Namphu.
• Learn how to make Thai coconut pudding from organic riceberry with local community members.
• Experiment with local weaving guided by skilled local craftspeople.
• Depart for Amphoe Mueang Sukhothai.
• Explore the local Night Market in Amphoe Mueang Sukhothai.
• Stay at 4 stars hotel
DAY 3: AMPHOE MUEANG SUKHOTHAI - AMPHOE SI SATCHANALAI, SUKHOTHAI PROVINCE
• Depart for Amphoe Si Satchanalai.
• Enjoy Tai Phuan-style Sukhothai noodles at Ma Mae Restaurant.
• Learn traditional Tai Phuan weaving techniques
• Visit the silverware workshop and learn the ancient Sukhothai craft
• Head to the Ban Na Ton Chan community, recipient of many awards for its excellent management of community-based tourism initiatives.
• Enjoy picking organic vegetables and learn to cook with local hosts in the village.
• Enhance the experience by staying overnight in a Ban Na Ton Chan homestay.
DAY 4: AMPHOE SI SATCHANALAI, SUKHOTHAI PROVINCE - BANGKOK
• Wake up for a pre-dawn trek up the mountain with local guides to see the sunrise at Huai Ton Hai viewpoint.
• Sit and sip coffee from a bamboo cylinder prepared by your guides as you wait in the mist for the sunrise.
• Cycle around the community to see the local ways of life and beautiful rice fields.
• Observe the making of mud-fermented fabric and buy local products at the Ban Na Ton Chan community centre and cloth-weaving shop.
• Move onto the Si Satchanalai Historical Park and explore its grandeur via bike or tram.
• Make a quick stop at the Organic Agriculture Project at Sukhothai Airport before you get on the plane back to Bangkok.
• Depart back to Bangkok by Bangok Airways PG - 214